Saturday, October 31, 2009

Kevin Durant Looks To Emerge To Super Stardom in 2009-10


I am a California native now living in the Pacific Northwest. Of course, living up here, they showed a lot of Seattle Supersonics' games on TV. So, I kind of adopted them as my second team.

Back in 2007, the Seattle Supersonics had the second pick of the NBA Draft. I remember Sonics' fans were hoping that their neighbors to the south, the Portland Trailblazers (Blazers had #1 pick in 2007), would pass on Ohio State's Greg Oden so the Sonics could pick him.

Of course we now know that the Blazers took Oden at number one and the Sonics "settled" for Texas Longhorns' Kevin Durant with their number two pick. And the Sonics "were" glad that they did.

I remember watching Sonics' announcer Kevin Calabro (Who I really miss) rave about Kevin Durant. We all knew he was going to be a special player. Like when he took, and made the game-winning shot in Atlanta against the Hawks. Or when he made some of his spectacular dunks.

Sonics' fans everywhere were so happy with the Kevin Durant pick. And rightly so, as Durant has improved every year he has been in the NBA. And Greg Oden? Well, he has been injury-prone for the Blazers. Although he is so young and I think he will still be a great player if he can just stay healthy for a complete NBA season.

No comments:

Post a Comment